Summertime sun makes you want to get outside, enjoy friends and family, and have a couple summer drinks on the deck. While these delicious summer drinks usually come with a lot of calories we have lightened up one of your favorites to enjoy with a few less calories and sugar! You can substitute the honey with any of your favorite sweeteners (Stevia, agave, etc). Enjoy!
- 1 cup strawberries chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup mint leaves packed
- 4 oz white rum
- 2 cups club soda
- 2 cups ice
- extra mint & lime for garnish (optional)
- In a blender combine strawberries, honey and warm water. Blend for 1 minute on high until smooth. Pour strawberry mixture through a strainer to remove any excess seeds.
- In a cocktail shaker, add lime juice and mint. Muddle mint, crushing it as best you can. Add in strawberry mixture and rum, shaking to combine.
- Fill high ball glasses with ice. Divide strawberry/lime/mint mixture amongst two glasses. Add 1 cup of club soda or seltzer to the mixture + garnish with extra mint + lime.